Tank Depth Sensor
Monitor fuel level, or other liquid levels in storage tanks. Ensure you never run low and are ready for the most critical moments
- TDPS-2 (Tank Depth Pressure Sensor for 2-meter tank)*
- TDPS-5 (Tank Depth Pressure Sensor for 5-meter tank)*
- TDPS-10 (Tank Depth Pressure Sensor for 10-meter tank)*
- TDPS-15 (Tank Depth Pressure Sensor for 15-meter tank)*
- TDPS-20 (Tank Depth Pressure Sensor for 20-meter tank)*
- Monitor fuel level and know when to schedule refilling of the tanks
- Monitoring of fuel level for sudden drops that could indicate leakage or theft
- Graphing and record of fuel usage over time
- Compare fuel usage with fuel delivery billing.
Connect to a single sensor port on your sensorProbe+ or securityProbe base unit. Alerts can be sent through SNMP, E-mail, and SMS (with optional cellular data modem). Remote site locations can be monitored from our central monitoring software AKCPro Server, which includes drill-down mapping and customizable desktops to display the data you need.
sensorProbe+ and securityProbe devices are Modbus ready, making a connection with many generator control panels easy via their Modbus RS485 output. Combined with a tank depth sensor it gives you a complete remote site generator monitoring solution.
Typical fuel theft is done by inside personnel and amounts to just a few liters per day. In the case of one of our African customers, 10 liters per day was being skimmed from the tank. Typically this would not be easily detected with fuel level monitoring only. However, with the addition of a Modbus connection to the generator, it is possible to have a monthly report of the total fuel used by the generator and compare this to the total fuel used from the tank as read by the TDPS.
In this case, 10 liters per day equated to 300 liters per month. The generator flow meter stated 400 liters were consumed, the tank depth sensor showed a drop of 680 liters, showing an obvious large difference in the actual fuel used and the fuel remaining in the tank.
Suspend the tank depth sensor at the bottom of your tank, and it will sense the pressure exerted by the water column above. Based on the pressure and the type of liquid you are measuring the depth is calculated. By programming the base unit with your tank dimensions, the total volume in % or liters can be displayed.
TDPS is easy to install, supplied with all mounting hardware required. Simply follow the 5 steps below.
- Measure the total tank height
- Mark the tank height on the TDPS cable and lock cable in that position on the mounting plate cable gland
- Drill a 30mm diameter hole for the sensor, and 4x 5mm diameter holes for the mounting plate. Thread the 5mm holes
- Secure the mounting plate in place with the M5 bolts provided
- Seal around the mounting plate with silicone sealant.
|Tank size up to 20 meters||The sensor is calibrated for specific tank size, please select for either max 5, 10, 15, or 20-meter tank when ordering|
|Accurate measurement for non-linear size tank for static liquid level, via linearization|
|Measurement Method||Hydraulic Pressure(Fluid column pressure)|
|Tank Depth||0-20 m (65ft) for Water,
0-15m for Petrol,
0-16, 6 m for Diesel
|Accuracy Distance||0-2000 cm (65 ft) with 0.2% accuracy for water|
|Full-Scale Accuracy||+/-0.5% FS (Max)|
|Mounting||Suspended inside the tank by leader cable|
|Communications Cable||RJ45 jack to UFLS converter box using UTP Cat 5 wire|
|Communications Cable Max. length:||30 meters (100 ft)|
|Ships with a 15 foot CAT5 LAN extension cable|
|CAT5 LAN extension cable be extended up to 30 ft (10 m)|
|Sensor Part Cable||Leader cable from the sensor part to the converter box is 5/10/15/20 meters respectively based on depth type ordered.|
|Chemical Resistance||Petrol, Diesel, Water|
|Operating Temperature Rate||-20°C to 80°C|
|Protection Grade||IP68 (pressure sensor part)|
|Electrical||The module operates at 5V from securityProbe5, E-Sensor8 or sensorProbe+|
|The sensor part operates at 12V from an external power supply (provided)|
|Notes||Works with certain types of fuel, freshwater|
|Requires securityProbe 5E, E-Sensor8 expansion module or sensorProbe+|