New AKCP thermocouple sensor – measures temperatures in harsh environments – new J and K type adapters – works with AKCP securityProbe 5E & E-sensor8 expansion module
Bangkok, Thailand – February 25, 2010 – AKCP Inc., announces the launch of the new thermocouple sensor and matching adapters. There are two versions available that are both designed to measure temperatures in dangerous or extremely hazardous situations. Extremely toxic chemicals or hot metals need to be processed within strict temperature ranges and that’s where the AKCP thermocouple sensor comes into its own. Available in a variety of sizes and with different properties and connectors AKCP has developed thermocouple sensors that connect straight into your AKCP base unit.
- Retractable cable with superior memory
- Expands to 1.5m (5’)
- Subminiature Connector for Use with Handheld Thermometers
- 300, 450 and 600 mm (12’, 18 and 24’) Lengths Standard – Custom Lengths Available
- Companion RTD Probe, Type PR-16
- 304, 310, 316, 321 SS, Inconel N and Super XL Sheaths
The thermocouple sensors are designed to work with the securityProbe and securityProbe 5E and E-sensor8 expansion modules via the AKCP adapters to give a measurement rate of one reading every second. The new sensor now accepts all standard size male connectors for thermocouple types J and K
New J & K type thermocouple adapters
There are two common types of thermocouple wire, Type J and Type K and AKCP have created two adapters to enable you to connect directly to your AKCP unit
- Type J (Iron/Constantan™) Type J thermocouples are used in vacuum, oxidizing, inert or reducing atmospheres. Iron element oxidizes rapidly at temperatures exceeding 1000°F (538°C), and therefore heavier gauge wire is recommended
- Type K (Chromel™/Alumel™) Type K thermocouples are used in oxidizing, inert or dry reducing atmospheres. Exposure to vacuum is limited to short time periods. Must be protected from sulfurous and marginally oxidizing atmospheres.
Each adapter comes with a 5 foot CAT5 cable and you can use a customized cable of up to 100 feet. There is also an RJ-45 connection for easy and simple installation.
- Full autosense including disconnect alarm
- Power source: powered by the sensorProbe. No additional power needed.
- Power Consumption: Typical 7.80 mWatt, 1.56mA
- They are “simple”, rugged, need no batteries
- Can measure over very wide temperature ranges and more
The thermocouple sensor and adapters are easy to set up and install and the sensor is competitively priced at just $150. The new J & K type adapters are priced at just $125 each. These sensors and adapters can be ordered directly from AKCP or from any one of our many dealers located around the world. Visit www.akcp.com for more information on this and related products.
AKCP Inc., established in 1981, created the market for SNMP based environmental and security monitoring solutions and has always had a huge influence on the design and manufacture of SNMP based products. Today, AKCP is the world’s oldest and largest manufacturer of SNMP based environmental and security monitoring equipment with over 35,000 installations using AKCP for disaster prevention and infrastructure security. AKCP is a privately held company with headquarters in Hong Kong, manufacturing in the Philippines and leads the industry in innovation with a cutting edge Research and Development team in Thailand.
For more information, please contact: